How Signet Jewellers UK Crafted an Engaging Customer Journey That Drove Up CVR by 6.8X
Eliminating the Friction in Online Product Discovery
Store closures resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic led Signet to further prioritize improving its digital experience. With thousands of products to choose from and limited real estate, the retailer set out to make more of its jewellery easily discoverable online. Additionally, since 70% of Signet UK’s mobile traffic lands on product detail and listing pages directly, they were determined to increase engagement and reduce bounce rates on these pages.
Signet UK sought to:
- Improve customer experience and increase engagement, particularly among younger shoppers
- Simplify and streamline product discovery
- Create a digital experience that would drive up revenue and give them a competitive edge in their space
Syte’s Product Discovery Platform Delivers Engaging On-Site Journeys That Convert
Following the success of Syte’s Visual Discovery Suite on its US banners, Signet UK implemented the same solutions on its H.Samuel and Ernest Jones websites. The retailer was able to increase engagement by making it easy and delightful for shoppers to find the products they’re looking for. Signet added Camera Search, the Discovery Button, and the Shop Similar recommendation carousel to its websites, simplifying product discovery for goal-oriented shoppers and browsers alike.
Shoppers who know what they’re looking for but struggle to describe the details of a piece of fine jewellery can now upload an image and instantly find similar items. Additionally, mobile shoppers landing on PDPs and PLPs can use the Discovery Button and similar item recommendations to continue their shopping journey until they uncover the perfect piece. The new on-site journeys enabled by these tools have led to a sharp rise in conversion and revenue.
- With visual discovery tools deployed on-site, conversion is up by 6.8X
- Signet UK shoppers are spending 17.7% more per order on average when interacting with the product discovery solutions
- Average revenue per user has grown by 584.5%
- Bounce rate is significantly reduced among shoppers seeing and interacting with the Discovery Button